Showing all updates and publications from New Zealand Psychology Board.
Updates & Publications
Latest COVID Alert Level 2 update
September 7, 2021
Please click here for details on working at Alert Level 2 and the use of face masks.
MOH Policy for students completing training placements or face-to-face training assessments during Covid – 19
August 20, 2021
Please refer to the following link for details
Change to the Arms Act 1983
September 9, 2021
The Government updated the Arms Act in 2020 and this came into effect on 24 December 2020, introducing new requirements and obligations for health practitioners.
In summary the changes require:
- Firearms licence applicants to provide details of their health practitioner to Police,
- Police to notify the health practitioner when a licence has been issued, and
- Health practitioners to consider notifying Police if they have reason to believe their patient is a firearms licence holder and their health condition will impact on the safety of the patient or the public, if they have access to, or use of, firearms (s92).
For further information about the new obligations for health practitioners please review the information sheet for Health Practitioners.
How to notify Police
You can notify the police of your concerns (outlined in the Information Sheet):
- Online through https://forms.police.govt.nz/firearmshealthnotification
- Phone the non-emergency police number 105
- If you believe that the licence holder poses an immediate or imminent danger of self-harm or harm to other call 111
June 8, 2021
The Board’s Naming Policy has now been finalised, and the Board wishes to thank all who made submissions. The final Naming Policy is here, and an update from the Board Chair on the changes made to the policy as a result of submissions is here
Fitness to Practise Policy
The Board has now finalised its Policy on Fitness to Practise, and would like to thank all stakeholders for their submissions. A letter from the Chair with further information can be found here.
The finalised policy can be found here.