Showing all updates and publications from New Zealand Psychology Board.
Updates & Publications
Vaccine mandates to end for some health and disability sector workers
July 5, 2022
Please refer to our Covid 19 page for futher information.
Sector update on Long Covid
Please find here an update from the Ministry of Health regarding Long Covid.
Responsible Authority Core Performance Standards Review
May 12, 2022
Please feel free to review the Responsible Authority Core Performance Standards Review report on the Board.
Online registration application for Intern & Trainee Psychologists
October 12, 2021
The online registration application for Intern & Trainee Psychologists is now available under Forms & Publications.
You can also click here to go directly to the online platform https://apc.psychologistsboard.org.nz/Account/NewRegLogin
Change to the Arms Act 1983
September 9, 2021
The Government updated the Arms Act in 2020 and this came into effect on 24 December 2020, introducing new requirements and obligations for health practitioners.
In summary the changes require:
- Firearms licence applicants to provide details of their health practitioner to Police,
- Police to notify the health practitioner when a licence has been issued, and
- Health practitioners to consider notifying Police if they have reason to believe their patient is a firearms licence holder and their health condition will impact on the safety of the patient or the public, if they have access to, or use of, firearms (s92).
For further information about the new obligations for health practitioners please review the information sheet for Health Practitioners.
How to notify Police
You can notify the police of your concerns (outlined in the Information Sheet):
- Online through https://forms.police.govt.nz/firearmshealthnotification
- Phone the non-emergency police number 105
- If you believe that the licence holder poses an immediate or imminent danger of self-harm or harm to other call 111