Want to register
Fees and Levy
By law, the Board must generate sufficient revenue to cover its operating costs. To accomplish this the Board is empowered by the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 to prescribe fees and to impose a disciplinary levy.
The Board receives no funding from the government.
The Disciplinary Levy is set annually to ensure that the Board is able to manage all reasonably anticipated discipline-related costs in the following year.
The Board reviews its fees every year, and makes adjustments where necessary to ensure that they are set to achieve cost recovery only.
All changes to the Board’s fees and levy are reviewed by the Regulations Review Committee (a Parliamentary Select Committee) and are notified in advance in the Gazette.
The current fees and levy charged by the Psychologists Board are set out below. Application fees are not refundable, even when an application is declined. All amounts are in NZ dollars and are inclusive of GST.
1. A current list of prescribed countries is maintained by the Board and published on its website.
2. The board’s financial year ends 31 March.
3. Fee will be adjusted (at a rate of $100.00 per assessor per hour) if site visit exceeds three days and/or deficiencies are identified that require additional review.
Please be sure that the necessary form(s) and/or declarations have been submitted prior to or at the same time as making payment of the relevant fee. Applications will only be processed once payment has cleared.
To make a payment to the Psychologists Board you can use any of the following options.
For all online applications (PCs and Register Maintenance) – please use the secure online payment system (credit card or “Account-to-Account“).
For paper applications (Registration etc):
- Direct Deposit – to account number 03 0502 0254983 00 and be sure to note your registration number and name in the reference/comments fields.
- Credit Card – we accept Visa and MasterCard only.